- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Tour of Oak Alley Plantation
Feel the gentle breeze of southern hospitality on a tour that takes you back to a time of mint juleps, gracious living and the glory of the Old South. Oak Alley is your destination on this 4.5 hour tour, that takes you into the stunning plantation home, built over 165 years ago. Listen to fascinating and amusing stories of the home and its history, presented by your professional guide.
Experience a bygone era in one of the South's most beautiful settings - Oak Alley Plantation, built in 1839. Marvel at the unbelievable quarter-mile long alley of 28 magnificent Oak trees, each over 250 years old.
Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
Your guided Oak Valley Plantation tour will reveal the fascinating stories of the home and its history. View the Majestic Cypress Trees in Louisiana's swamps bordering the Mississippi River. You can purchase a snack, salad or sandwich in the Cafe and Ice Cream Parlor to enjoy at the picnic tables or aboard the coach (not included in price).
Feel the gentle breeze of Southern hospitality on a tour that takes you back to the glory of the Old South!
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.