- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour
New Orleans has abundant wildlife, and nowhere is it more apparent than in the swamps and bayous of Louisiana. Take a boat ride through these swamps and you may see alligators, raccoons, snakes and native birds. You'll hear stories of the local Cajuns and how they created gumbo, now a New Orleans tradition.
After a short motorcoach ride across the Mississippi River, take a fascinating boat trip into the Louisiana Swamps and Bayous.
- Experience the timeless beauty of Southern Louisiana in a custom built, all weather swamp boat.
- Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun "joie de vivre".
- Hear how the Cajuns turned soup into gumbo, the washboard into a musical instrument, and the swamps of Louisiana into a paradise.
- Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year.
- You will be treated to a Bayou Nature Wildlife Show by a local naturalist. Snakes, alligator snapping turtles, raccoons and nutria will be among the animal guests.
- Learn about the efforts made to preserve and restore Louisiana's vanishing wetlands.
- Bring your camera to capture the "bon temps" (good times) on the bayou.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Narrated boat cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Snacks and refreshments available for purchase on boat
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus.
- Electrical wheelchairs are permitted, but special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 72 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Unfortunately, electrical scooters are not permitted.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat.
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.