- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing plus Oak Alley Plantation Combo Tour
Enjoy the flexibility of combining the Swamp and Bayou Tour and the Oak Alley Plantation Tour and SAVE! Travel across the Mississippi by coach for a boat trip deep into the Louisiana bayou and experience a bygone era at At Oak Alley Plantation.
Swamp and Bayou Tour:
After a short motorcoach ride across the Mississippi River, take a boat trip into the swamps and bayous to experience the timeless beauty of Southern Louisiana. Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun "joie de vivre". Hear how Cajuns turned soup into gumbo, the washboard into a musical instrument, and the swamps of Louisiana into a paradise.
See the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year. Be treated to a Bayou Nature Wildlife Show by a local naturalist with snakes, alligator snapping turtles, and raccoons among the animal guests. Learn about the efforts made to preserve and restore Louisiana's vanishing wetlands.
Oak Alley Plantation Tour:
Feel the gentle breeze of Southern hospitality on a tour that takes you back to the glory of the Old South! Marvel at the unbelievable quarter-mile long alley of 28 oak trees, each over 250 years old. Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley, built in 1839 has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
Your guided tour will reveal the fascinating stories of the home and its history. View the majestic cypress trees in Louisiana's swamps bordering the Mississippi River. You can purchase a snack in the cafe and ice cream parlor to enjoy at the picnic tables (not included).
Important Note: Tours must be taken on different days
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Narrated boat cruise
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.