- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Private Heritage Beach Ride
This private ride is tailored to suit the more experienced rider! Ride through the waves on horseback! Discover the rich history and culture of Jamaica as you ride on your beautiful horse through the wooded areas where the Taino Indians used to hunt for food. Stop off at the beach where you'll be served some refreshments in the shade of a beach hut before heading into the crystal clear water for a refreshing swim!
Begin with a visit to Seville Great House and Heritage Park on Jamaica's north coast, which houses a wealth of artifacts relating to the area's history and culture. Then its time to mount up and visit all the places that you have learnt about, riding by castles and sugar factories dating back nearly 500 years.
Learn about the culture of the Taino Indians, their beliefs, habits and existence, before Columbus landed and the island was colonized under the Spanish flag. Ride through a natural wetland, shaded by almond and coconut trees, and see the excavations carried out by archaeologists, keen to uncover the deep rooted history of this area.
On arrival at the beach, sample a taste of local produce in a jungle beach hut, before you strip down to your bathing suit for a dash through the waves on horseback. For your safety, the saddles are left on, so you don't have to worry about staying on! Your return ride takes you along the deserted beach, where herons and other waterbirds fish in the shallow waters. You'll travel through the mangroves, which hide the remains of an eighteenth century warehouse and by an ancient waterwheel which powered the old sugar mill on this former sugar plantation.
This private tour has been customized for the more experienced rider so that they can ride at a faster pace. All riders on these rides are required to wear a safety helmet. Their riding ability will be assessed by the head grooms and the ride will be conducted according to riders ability. No galloping allowed.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Hotel / pier pickup and drop off
- Well trained Horse
- Professional guide
- Ability Suited Tour Group
- Taste of Local Produce
- Fruits on Completion of the Ride
- Page of Remedies to Try
- Gratuities (optional)
- Refreshments available for sale
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riding Ability: For experienced riders only
- Weight Limit: Passengers must not exceed 240lbs to participate in this tour
- Age Limit: There is no age limit on this tour, however, all passengers must be at least 3 ft tall and experienced riders to participate
- Don't Forget: Swimsuits, cameras, towels, closed in shoes or sneakers
- Please note that ride is in English tack and the horses are not used to neck reining, if you have never ridden in an English saddle before, you will find it quite different
- Passengers must be at least 3 ft tall and experienced riders to participate in this tour.
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.