- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Kamakura Walking Tour with Rickshaw Ride from Tokyo
Experience what Kamakura has to offer on this full-day tour from Tokyo. Enjoy a rickshaw ride through quiet historical streets visitors rarely see, offering a glimpse into the roots of today's Japan.
You'll be picked up from selected Tokyo hotels by coach to the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal where you and you English-speaking guide will board a train to Hase, changing trains once at Kamakura, a 55-minute journey.
Your Kamakura walking tours starts here. Make your way by foot from Hase train station to the Hase Kannon Temple (60-minutes), with its gilt statue of Kannon, foffering amazing views of the town and the Pacific Ocean. Continue by foot (30-minutes) to the Kotokuin Temple where the Great Buddha, a bronze image measuring 11.4 meters in height.
Enjoy Japanese-style lunch at a local restaurant.
Let your feet relax as you ride a Rickshaw, a traditional man-pulled carriage to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, passing through the Torii gate. The Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine is the symbol of the first Shogun Minamoto. The Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine grounds consists of a arched bridge, the Genji and Heike ponds, the huge gingko tree, and the colorful Main Hall standing at the top of 62 stone steps.
Walk back to Kamakura Station via Komachi Shopping Street, a great opportunity to bargain for arts and crafts.
Board the train back to Tokyo Station where your tour concludes.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- English-speaking guided 8.5-hour tour
- Return train journey from Tokyo to Hase/Kamakura
- Japanese-style lunch at a local restaurant
- 40-minute Rickshaw ride
- Hotel drop off
- This product must be booked at least 3 days in advance of your travel date.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours are conducted in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is NOT ''wheelchair' accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge, as long as the infant is sitting on parent's lap. No meals are included for infants
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 6 - 11 years
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advised at time of booking
- One rickshaw will be shared by two people
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.