- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Grand Canyon West Rim Combo: Luxury SUV, Helicopter and Boat
Go for the combo: Travel to the Grand Canyon West Rim from Las Vegas by luxury Tour Trekker, fly in a helicopter to the bottom of the Canyon, cruise down the Colorado River, then spend time at the West Rim. It's one of the best ways to experience the Grand Canyon, as traveling by SUV ensures tour group numbers will be small and you'll enjoy a more personalized visit.
On your SUV/helicopter combo day trip you'll also visit Boulder City and Hoover Dam for short photo opportunities. As you travel along Diamond Bar Road (Indian Hwy), you'll experience the beauty of the Joshua Tree Forest framed by the towering Grand Wash Cliffs as you approach the West Rim. The drive from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon is approximately 2.5 hours each way.
On the crest of the Grand Canyon, your helicopter awaits you for your seven-minute, 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) descent to the mighty Colorado River below. You'll then board a pontoon boat for a commentated boat ride down the Colorado River which lasts around 15 minutes.
Back at the top of the canyon once again, you will have approximately 3.5 hours to explore, using the complimentary shuttle service to Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch.
- Visit Guano Point for fantastic views of the Colorado River
- Explore the Indian Village at Eagle Point to gain insights into Native American culture
- Take an optional stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk (not included, approximately US$30), the newest attraction on the West Rim, for amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Round-trip luxury Tour Trekker transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 15-minute helicopter flight
- 20-minute river boat trip
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (approx. US$33.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Multi-lingual guides are subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 275lbs. will be required to pay $75.00 directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
Grand Canyon SkywalkHere are some suggestions on what to take along to make your Skywalk experience truly memorable:
- A little patience! And maybe your iPod...waits in line of about 30 minutes are common
- Sunscreen and a hat. There is shade at the Skywalk, however elsewhere there is very little shade, and the sun can really burn out there
- Comfortable shoes and light clothing. Spring and summer are hot in the desert
- You cannot take your camera or any personal effects on the Skywalk. Be prepared to store your belongings in the lockers at the Skywalk.
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.