- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Garden District Walking Tour
Join a walking tour through one of New Orleans' most exclusive areas - the Garden District. This 'American' section of town was built to rival the architectural splendor of the Creoles' French Quarter! View the homes of former Mardi Gras kings and queens, Lafayette Cemetery and more on this 2.5 hour tour.
New Orleans' only walking tour with a state-of-the-art audio system so you hear every word!
- Take a "Stroll through Elegance" with a licensed tour guide through the "American" section of New Orleans!
- The Garden District was built by the "barbarian" Americans to rival the architectural splendor of the Creoles' French Quarter.
- This elegant area is known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture.
- View the homes of former Kings and Queens of Mardi Gras in this area-once part of the plantation owned by Bienville, the founder of New Orleans.
- Hear fascinating stories about local author Anne Rice as you walk past one of her former homes.
- Includes a refreshment stop at a local neighborhood cafe.
- Visit Lafayette Cemetery, one of our "Cities of the Dead", and learn about the unusual above ground burial system (cemetery closed on Saturday afternoons, Sundays and some holidays).
Please Note: The audio system will not be used during inclement weather.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Refreshment stop at a local neighborhood cafe
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Tour Commentary;With the wireless tour system, you can hear every word spoken by the tour guide clearly and distinctly no matter how noisy the environment. The tour guide wears a belt pack transmitter and head-worn microphone that they turn on at the start of the tour. You will be issued your own small receiver with a lightweight "over the ear" speaker. Simply turn them on and adjust the volume to a comfortable level. The system is also a favorite for the hearing impaired as they can increase the volume level to meet their individual needs. It improves the quality of the tour because no one has to crowd to the front of the group or strain to hear what the tour guide is saying. You can be up to 150 feet away and still receive the same clear high fidelity audio transmission
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.