- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
French Quarter Walking Tour
Discover the 'real' history and legends of the Creole people that make up the mysterious neighborhood of the French Quarter. Saunter down the sidewalk's of Royal, Bourbon and other quaint streets named after both saints and sinners. Your licensed guide will point out the architecture, homes, and legends of the historic French Quarter, originally settled by the French in the early 1700's.
Let a 'local expert' unravel the mysteries of America's oldest and most unique living neighborhood!
- Follow in the footsteps of historic figures as you stroll along the Mighty Mississippi, through the French Market and Jackson Square, down the banquettes (sidewalks) of quaint streets named after European saints and sinners.
- See the old Quarter come to life as your guide explains its secrets and helps you understand all it has to offer - architecture, courtyards, food, music, art and gardens.
- Includes a guided tour of the Old Ursuline Convent and Gardens, the oldest building in the Mississippi River Valley, as well as one of the few surviving buildings from French colonial days.
- Learn about yellow fever, voodoo, and the often grisly medical practices of the 19th century, such as leeches and bloodletting.
- Conclude your tour in the shady comfort of the newly renovated courtyard with its medicinal herb garden.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- Guided tour of the Ursuline Convent
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.