- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
Explore the historical El Dorado Canyon like never before on an exhilarating off-road ATV excursion from Las Vegas! All-terrain vehicles are the perfect way to tour the back canyons of this remote and long-forgotten area, plus you'll take a walking tour of the spooky Techaticcup gold mine.
On this exciting day trip from Las Vegas you'll ride your ATV into extreme mountain terrain, surrounded by cactus forest and with towering, multicolored rock formations as a backdrop. Riding under the big open sky is an awesome experience, flanked by the Colorado River and mountain ranges leading to the Grand Canyon!
On your tour you'll be driving a late-model, 4WD ATV that's fully automatic and an absolute blast to ride. After a safety and operations orientation, beginners and experienced riders alike will be ready to hit the trail with a professional guide.
You'll also take a stroll into the pages of history with a walking tour of the Techaticcup mine. Venturing deep into this gold mine, which is rumored to be haunted, you'll visit three deep shafts and learn how the miners labored feverishly on their quest for gold.
Your meal stop in the Old West Town will also take you back in time, at the foundations of one of the original 19th-century mining camps. Enjoy a picnic lunch or BBQ dinner under the covered pavilion while you hear the sound of the natural spring which attracts big horn sheep and a variety of desert wildlife. Look closely and you might see creatures that otherwise blend into the natural landscape of the desert.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- ATV tour
- Helmets, goggles and gloves
- Lunch or dinner (9:00am & 1:30pm tour)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- $10 per person fuel surcharge (payable direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- No license is required to ride an ATV
- Minimum age is 16 years to ride an ATV
- Operators under 18 must have a Parent or Guardian sign a consent waiver.
- A $10 per person fuel surcharge is due on the day of the tour, payable direct to the tour company.
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.