- CALL NOW
TO BOOK YOUR TRIP
01 433 1040
021 236 4638
Cemetery and Gris-Gris Walking Tour
Follow the ghosts of the numerous characters who contributed to New Orleans' mysterious past! Tour the most haunted cemetery - St. Louis No.1 - and visit the tomb of the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, Marie Laveau. Your guide will explain the unique above-ground burial customs and the tombs of the various 'Societies'.
Includes roundtrip transportation to cemetery and the tomb of Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans!
- Walk through St. Louis Cemetery #1, the site of the classic movie "Easy Rider", as your professional licensed guide recounts the background of the famous and infamous people who are buried there.
- Make a wish or cast a spell at the tomb of Marie Laveau - the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, and discover how she was able to be in two places at once.
- Listen to the evolution of Voodoo - which is still practiced today - and learn how it became such a factor in the Crescent City.
- Learn about our unique above ground burial customs and the tombs of various "societies".
- Find out what "Gris-Gris" means and the mysterious ingredients in your souvenir bag.
- Includes climate controlled transportation to and from cemetery.
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading Important Information. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must call the travel service operator at least 48 hours prior, or upon arrival at your destination.
- A walking tour of St. Louis #1
- Tour Armstrong Park and historic Congo Square
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Authentic souvenir Gris-Gris Bag!
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing. Caps/Hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Sorry there are no reviews for this activity.