Classic Vietnam and Cambodia
11 nights from €2744
With a wealth of UNESCO World Heritage sites, charming towns and undoubtedly friendly people, this comprehensive tour is a must for the first time visitor to Indochina. Sunrise at Angkor Wat or from your wooden junk on Halong Bay are just spectacular but other highlights include a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels, a boat trip on the Perfume River in Hue and a walking tour of the historic town centre of Hoi An.
Itinerary Highlights In Picture
Day to Day Itinerary
Classic Vietnam and Cambodia
Meet on arrival at Hanoi airport and transfer to the hotel for check-in. As the capital of Vietnam for almost a thousand years, Hanoi is considered to be the cultural centre of Vietnam and is located in the centre of the Northern Delta. Spend the rest of your day at leisure or join an optional excursion.
HANOI TO HALONG BAY
Early morning pick up at your hotel and transfer to the cruise port. After boarding the boat you will start a relaxing cruise through World Nature Heritage Halong Bay, which is listed as a World Heritage site of outstanding natural beauty, comprising more than 3,000 limestone islets rising from the clear emerald water. Enjoy a refreshing welcome cocktail upon check-in, followed by a buffet lunch. In the afternoon take a visit to see the Sung Sot Caves (Surprise Cave), weather permitting. You also have the option of Kayaking or Swimming near Hang Trong anchorage. Later enjoy a Vietnamese cuisine demonstration as well as happy hour with complimentary canapés before an International buffet dinner at the restaurant. In the evening watch a movie at the sun deck. Please note your guide will not accompany you on-board.
HALONG BAY TO HANOI
This morning enjoy optional Tai Chi on the sun deck. After breakfast, check out and return to Hanoi where you will enjoy an orientation tour of the city, with a visit to the Temple of Literature and the historic Ba Dinh Square. See Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the One-pillar pagoda. You have the choice to stay in Hanoi for another night or experience the Vietnam rail tracks overnight aboard the SE3 Reunification Express from Hanoi to Hue. The overnight train is based in a private 4-berth compartment (02 upper and 02 lower berths) with air-conditioning and shared restrooms. Dinner will be enjoyed at a restaurant before transferring to your hotel for the night or to Hanoi railway station.
HANOI TO HUE
Spend the morning at leisure before checking out of your hotel and transferring to the airport for your flight to Hue or those that have taken the overnight train option will arrive in Hue around 10.35 and picked up to join the rest of the group for lunch before continuing with a half day tour of Hue. You will visit the Imperial Citadel, this royal complex has been officially recognized by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Continue by road to visit Thien Mu Pagoda or Heavenly Lady pagoda an active Buddhist monastery originating from 1601 and afterwards take a scenic boat trip on the Perfume River to the city pier.
HUE TO DANANG TO HOI AN
In the morning, visit Tu Duc Royal Tomb, construction of the tomb was meticulously carried out starting whilst the king was still alive in order to ensure his comfort in the next life. Your journey continues southbound to Danang over the famous Hai Van Pass with a green view of the stretch of Truong Son mountain range on one side and a spectacular sea view on the other followed by lunch in a local restaurant. This afternoon visit Cham Museum and en route take a photo stop at Marble Mountains before driving the short distance south past the famous Non Nuoc Beach onto the enchanting town of Hoi An listed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site. Upon arrival in Hoi An, check in the hotel and rest of the day will be at leisure
HOI AN TO CHI MINH CITY
In the morning, your guide will take you on a stroll through the exceptionally well preserved ancient town of Hoi An, most of the buildings still have their original wooden frames including historical monuments and the fusion of indigenous and foreign cultures. Hoi An Silk Village is just one kilometre away from the centre of Hoi An ancient town this is your next stop and where you will enjoy lunch. Drive to Danang airport for the flight to Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, todays Ho Chi Minh City is the bustling and vibrating economic centre of the South. Check in your hotel and have free time in the evening to explore the city.
HO CHI MINH CITY
After breakfast, drive to Cu Chi district to visit the amazing complex of underground tunnels at Cu Chi. There are more than 200 km of tunnels with many branches connecting to underground hideouts, shelters and other tunnels. You have the chance to crawl through the tunnel system before returning to Ho Chi Minh City for lunch. In the afternoon take a walking tour from the Saigon River past the Opera House, Town Hall, Notre Dame Cathedral and the old Post Office to visit the Reunification Palace. Finish the tour at the famous Ben Thanh Market. Spend the rest of your evening at leisure or join the optional dinner cruise on the Saigon River (bookable and payable locally).
HO CHI MINH CITY TO PHNOM PENH
Spend the morning at leisure before transfer to the airport for your flight to Phnom Penh. Meet upon arrival at Phnom Penh Airport and transfer to the hotel for check-in. Later in the afternoon you will be escorted on a Phnom Penh city tour where you will visit the Independence Monument,the National Museum and the Royal Palace. End your afternoon with a visit to the Wat Phnom temple, Phnom Penh’s namesake, from where you can enjoy views over the tree-lined avenues of Phnom Penh during sunset.
PHNOM PENH TO SIEM REAP
After breakfast transfer from your hotel to the airport for your flight to Siem Reap. After your transfer and check in at your hotel, take a morning visit to the temples of Thommanon and Chau Say Tevoda, Takeo and Ta Prohm. Continue your journey to Banteay Kdei and Prasat Kravan temple with its unique brick sculptures. In the afternoon, visit the most famous of all temples on the plain of Angkor: Angkor Wat. The temple complex is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing and its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodia flag. Enjoy the sunset at Angkor Wat.
An early wake up this morning to see the sunrise from Phnom Bakheng or Angkor Wat. Return to the hotel for breakfast before your morning visit to the ancient capital of Angkor Thom, South Gate, the Bayon Temple, the Royal Enclosure, the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. Enjoy a relaxing 1 hour reflexology massage by Body Tune before lunch at hotel. In the afternoon visit Preah Khan temple and Neak Pean, a fountain built in the middle of a pool representing the paradisiacal Himalayan mountain-lake, Ta Som
Transfer to Siem Reap airport for your onward journey, or alternatively extend your stay in Cambodia.
WE CAN TAILOR THE TRIP FOR YOU
We personalise each holiday to suit you and can add or remove any part of it to make your dream holiday a reality.
Let Our Specialists
Tailor The Trip For You
Other Itinerary Ideas
To Inspire You
Classic Ceylon Tour Sri Lanka
- Visit the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Kandy
- Experience a Sri Lankan tea plantation and tea factory
- Hanoi (1 night) Time at leisure to explore.
- Halong Bay (1 night) Overnight cruise.
- Hanoi (1 night) OR overnight aboard the SE3 Reunification Express Train (1 night optional) City Tour.
- Temple of Literature. Ba Dinh Square. One Pillar Pagoda. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
- Ho Chi Minh City (2 nights) Cu Chi Tunnels. Walking tour of the city. Saigon River. Opera House. Notre Dame Cathedral. Reunification Palace. Ben Thahn Market. Optional dinner cruise on the Saigon River.
Classic Vietnam & Laos
- Explore the history soaked country of Vietnam
- Visit World Heritage City of Luang Prabang in Laos
- Soak in the rich culture through a journey of the two countries
Cultural Kandy & Tea Tour
- Experience the UNESCO World Hertiage Site of Kandy, exploring the Temple of the Tooth Relic, cultural show, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and Peradeniya botanical gardens
- Visit Nuwara Eliya Tea Plantations and tea factory, Devon and the Wonderful St Clair Waterfalls.
Dubai & All Inclusive Mauritius
- Discover the modern glamour & opulence of the desert metropolis of Dubai.
- Relax in the lap of luxury on the beautiful and diverse island of Mauritius. Be enchanted by the vibrant mix of cultural influences, the jungle-covered mountains & the white sand beaches.
Elephant Hills Jungle Safari
- Combines the camp idea of African national parks with Thai tropical forest environs
- Interact with Asia's largest land animal during award-winning Elephant Experience.
Explore Lombok and the Gili Islands
- Lombok (4 nights) Palm forests and white sand beaches. Sasak tribal village. Banyumulek pottery village
- Pusuk Forest. Sendang Gile Waterfall.
- Gili Islands (Full day excursion) Gili Nanggu. Snorkelling and swimming. Coral reef.
Las Vegas & All Inclusive Mexico
- Experience the iconic fast paced Las Vegas strip, soar over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter trip & party in America's playground.
- Cancun offers the freedom of golden beaches, adrenaline-fuelled watersports and lively nightlife.
Magic Halong Bay
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cruise among the islets
- Swim the clean calm waters
South Africa & Mauritius
- Drive the Garden Route & experience an African Safari
- Relax & unwind in Mauritius
Sri Lanka and All Inclusive Maldives
- Be charmed by exotic Sri Lanka with its stunning green landscape, thriving wildlife, authentic culture and diverse history.
- The beautiful Maldives will welcome you with white sandy beaches, tranquil waters and indulgent spas as well as delicious food and warm hospitality.
Tour of Thailand
- Experience the wonderful scenery of Northern Thailand
- Relax on the whitest white sandy beaches of the Thai islands
World Heritage Sri Lanka
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- Sigiriya (2 nights) Impressive Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the ruined city of Polonnaruwa, Dambulla Rock Temple
- Kandy (1 night) Temple of the Tooth Relic, spice garden, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage