8 nights from €2068
One of our signature journeys designed for travellers keen to experience the diversity of Vietnam, but with less time to spare. Contrast the bustle of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with an overnight cruise at the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site of Halong Bay and enjoy the historical and cultural depths of Hoi An and Hue in Central Vietnam. This is Asia at its best.
Itinerary Highlights In Picture
Day to Day Itinerary
On arrival in Hanoi, transfer to your hotel for one night. As the capital of Vietnam for almost a thousand years, Hanoi is considered to be the cultural centre of Vietnam, where every dynasty has left behind their imprint. Even though some relics have not survived through wars and time, the city still has many interesting cultural and historic monuments for visitors and residents alike.
HANOI TO HALONG BAY
Drive to Halong city this morning to board the Emeraude for your relaxing overnight cruise through Halong Bay, passing bizarre rock formations. Picturesque Halong Bay has more than 3,000 limestone islets rising from the clear emerald water, many of them containing beautiful grottoes.
HALONG BAY TO HANOI
Enjoy breakfast on board before disembarking the boat and heading back towards Hanoi. On arrival in Hanoi enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before an orientation tour of the city with a visit to the Temple of Literature, the historic Ba Dinh Square; see Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum from the outside and the One-pillar Pagoda. You have the choice to stay in Hanoi for another night or experience the Vietnam rail tracks overnight aboard the SE3 Reunification Express from Hanoi to Hue. The overnight train is based in a private 4-berth compartment (02 upper and 02 lower berths) with air-conditioning and shared restrooms. Dinner will be enjoyed at a restaurant before transferring to your hotel for the night or to Hanoi railway station.
HANOI TO HUE
Spend the morning at leisure before checking out of your hotel and transferring to the airport for your flight to Hue or those that have taken the overnight train option will arrive in Hue around 10.35 and picked up to join the rest of the group for lunch before continuing with a half day tour of Hue. You will visit the Imperial Citadel, this royal complex has been officially recognized by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Continue by road to visit Thien Mu Pagoda or Heavenly Lady pagoda an active Buddhist monastery originating from 1601 and afterwards take a scenic boat trip on the Perfume River to the city pier. Overnight in Hue.
HUE TO DANANG TO HOI AN
In the morning, visit Tu Duc Royal Tomb, construction of the tomb was meticulously carried out starting whilst the king was still alive in order to ensure his comfort in the next life. Your journey continues southbound to Danang over the famous Hai Van Pass with a green view of the stretch of Truong Son mountain range on one side and a spectacular sea view on the other followed by lunch in a local restaurant. This afternoon visit Cham Museum and en route take a photo stop at Marble Mountains before driving the short distance south past the famous Non Nuoc Beach onto the enchanting town of Hoi An listed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site. Upon arrival in Hoi An, check in the hotel and rest of the day will be at leisure Overnight in Hoi An
HOI AN TO HO CHI MINH CITY
In the morning, your guide will take you on a stroll through the exceptionally well preserved ancient town of Hoi An, most of the buildings still have their original wooden frames including historical monuments and the fusion of indigenous and foreign cultures. Hoi An Silk Village is just one kilometre away from the centre of Hoi An ancient town this is your next stop and where you will enjoy lunch. Drive to Danang airport for the flight to Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, todays Ho Chi Minh City is the bustling and vibrating economic centre of the South. Check in your hotel and have free time in the evening to explore the city.
HO CHI MINH TO CU CHI TUNNELS TO HO CHI MINH
Drive to Cu Chi district this morning to visit the amazing complex of underground tunnels at Cu Chi. There are more than 200 km of tunnels, comprising a main axis system with many branches connecting to underground hideouts, shelters and other tunnels. You have the chance to crawl through this amazing system of tunnels before returning to Ho Chi Minh City for lunch. Your afternoon walking tour will take you from the Saigon River past the French Colonial Opera House, Town Hall, Notre Dame Cathedral and the old Post Office, finish your tour at the famous Ben Thanh Market, where you can purchase souvenirs.
HO CHI MINH CITY
Transfer to Ho Chi Minh City airport for your onward journey, or alternatively extend your stay in Vietnam.
WE CAN TAILOR THE TRIP FOR YOU
We personalise each holiday to suit you and can add or remove any part of it to make your dream holiday a reality.
Let Our Specialists
Tailor The Trip For You
Other Itinerary Ideas
To Inspire You
Classic Ceylon Tour Sri Lanka
- Visit the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Kandy
- Experience a Sri Lankan tea plantation and tea factory
Classic Vietnam & Laos
- Explore the history soaked country of Vietnam
- Visit World Heritage City of Luang Prabang in Laos
- Soak in the rich culture through a journey of the two countries
Classic Vietnam and Cambodia
- Explore the history soaked country of Vietnam
- Visit Angkor Wat one of the 8 Wonders of the World
Cultural Kandy & Tea Tour
- Experience the UNESCO World Hertiage Site of Kandy, exploring the Temple of the Tooth Relic, cultural show, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and Peradeniya botanical gardens
- Visit Nuwara Eliya Tea Plantations and tea factory, Devon and the Wonderful St Clair Waterfalls.
Explore Lombok and the Gili Islands
- Lombok (4 nights) Palm forests and white sand beaches. Sasak tribal village. Banyumulek pottery village
- Pusuk Forest. Sendang Gile Waterfall.
- Gili Islands (Full day excursion) Gili Nanggu. Snorkelling and swimming. Coral reef.
Magic Halong Bay
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cruise among the islets
- Swim the clean calm waters
South Africa Grand Tour
- An all encompassing tour that reflects the true spirit of South Africa
- Gain real insight into South Africa's vast culture and history
Tour of Thailand
- Experience the wonderful scenery of Northern Thailand
- Relax on the whitest white sandy beaches of the Thai islands
World Heritage Sri Lanka
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- Sigiriya (2 nights) Impressive Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the ruined city of Polonnaruwa, Dambulla Rock Temple
- Kandy (1 night) Temple of the Tooth Relic, spice garden, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage