Cultural Holiday ideas
Looking for cultural holiday ideas? Does your idea of the perfect holiday involve experiencing local customs and immersing yourself in the art, architecture and history of the locality? Then cultural holidays are definitely for you.
Cultural Holidays to Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is home to no fewer than eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Several of them feature in our Sri Lankan holiday packages. We highly recommend a stay in the UNESCO World Heritage city of Kandy. Take the opportunity to climb the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya, which rises 200 meters from the jungle floor. Polonnaruwa, another UNESCO site, is filled with statues, monuments and temples alongside the ruins of the fabulous 12th century garden-city.
Sri Lanka is also famous for its tea plantations, areas of vast natural beauty where the famous Ceylon tea is produced. A visit to the elephants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is also a must.
Cultural Holidays to Thailand
The beautiful Thai countryside, excellent food and friendly people make a visit to Thailand a dream cultural holiday. Explore the night markets of Chiang Mai or visit Koi Samui and the NaMuang Waterfall, which is 18 meters high and offers spectacular views of the island's natural wilderness.
Bangkok is home to hundreds of temples including Wat Phra Kaew (Grand Palace). Wat Pho is one of the most visited temples in Bangkok, famous for its 45 meter-long, 15 meter-high reclining Buddha. From Bangkok, it is possible to visit the Damnoen Saduak floating markets as you travel along ancient canals built in the 19th century.
Cultural Holidays to Vietnam
Vietnam is a nation of vast beauty and unique culture. Most visitors start out in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay, and visits to Hoi An and Hue, in central Vietnam are highly recommended. Hanoi has retained many historic relics of the various dynasties that it hosted. A stroll through the Old Quarter is an ideal way to soak up the culture in the city. Ha Long Bay is famous for the 1,600+ islands and islets, which form a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars.
Further inland, visit the Imperial Citadel at Hue, then Thien Mu Pagoda, an active Buddhist monastery since 1601. In Hoi An, explore the Central Market, on the banks of the Thu Bon River. Visit Quan Cong temple, a series of houses interspersed with elaborate, detailed statues and traditional artwork.
Travelmood has a team of travel experts who are passionate about cultural holidays. We have put together lots of exciting cultural holiday packages to exciting destinations such as Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and more. If you are looking for cultural holiday ideas we can help. Give one of our experts a call now!
- Visit the famous Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Kandy
- Experience a Sri Lankan tea plantation and tea factory
- Hanoi (1 night) Time at leisure to explore.
- Halong Bay (1 night) Overnight cruise.
- Hanoi (1 night) OR overnight aboard the SE3 Reunification Express Train (1 night optional) City Tour.
- Temple of Literature. Ba Dinh Square. One Pillar Pagoda. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
- Ho Chi Minh City (2 nights) Cu Chi Tunnels. Walking tour of the city. Saigon River. Opera House. Notre Dame Cathedral. Reunification Palace. Ben Thahn Market. Optional dinner cruise on the Saigon River.
- Explore the history soaked country of Vietnam
- Visit World Heritage City of Luang Prabang in Laos
- Soak in the rich culture through a journey of the two countries
- Explore the history soaked country of Vietnam
- Visit Angkor Wat one of the 8 Wonders of the World
- Experience the UNESCO World Hertiage Site of Kandy, exploring the Temple of the Tooth Relic, cultural show, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and Peradeniya botanical gardens
- Visit Nuwara Eliya Tea Plantations and tea factory, Devon and the Wonderful St Clair Waterfalls.
- Unwind on idyllic beaches, explore jungle-covered mountains, and stroll the cobblestone streets of the Dominican Republic.
- Explore the city that never sleeps and enjoy a range of activities including shopping, nightlife, restaurants and Broadway shows.
- Lombok (4 nights) Palm forests and white sand beaches. Sasak tribal village. Banyumulek pottery village
- Pusuk Forest. Sendang Gile Waterfall.
- Gili Islands (Full day excursion) Gili Nanggu. Snorkelling and swimming. Coral reef.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cruise among the islets
- Swim the clean calm waters
- Visit the famous Landmarks of NYC, indulge in some world class shopping & sip cocktails on rooftop bars.
- Enjoy the contrast and head to Jamaica, where they pride themselves on living a 'chilled' and relaxed lifestyle on beautiful sandy beaches
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- Sigiriya (2 nights) Impressive Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the ruined city of Polonnaruwa, Dambulla Rock Temple
- Kandy (1 night) Temple of the Tooth Relic, spice garden, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage